Youth For Christ Camp

I’ve been away for a long time that when I checked my email, this is the only thing I could say: WTF?!! Hahaha. I got tons of mail that it took me all day to read them. Darn. Anyway, I’m so glad I’m back now. I missed my internet life. Hahaha. Thanks for those who have been constantly texting me while I was there. You kept me company. πŸ™‚ You guys know who you are. πŸ˜‰

So I’m now gonna tell you about my camp. It was really fun but I know that it would be more fun if you were there too! Trust me.

May 6, 2005

Assembly time was at 6 pm at Pasay City South High School. Mikey, Mariah, and I left the house at around 6:15 pm. We rode with our neighbor, Ian. The driver didn’t know where the school is so we had to ask around. I was sleeping all the while, I was really sleepy! Anyway, we arrived there at around 7 pm. When we arrived there, we registered, paid our fees, and then dislodged our things at a classroom. We were then asked to move to the 2nd floor. There was a meeting there. Girls were separated from the boys.

The leaders and the facilitators were introduced. I saw my friends there. πŸ™‚ Marlon, the one who invited me, wasn’t there. 😦 It’s sad. Anyway, his friends were there. Robert, Pauline, Miko, Charlou, Maxine, and others were there. We were around 70++ there. That’s a lot, I know!

Anyway, we had our first Talk that night. It was about God’s Love and His Plan for us. After that we were grouped with 2 facilitators as our leaders and 4 to 5 members each. Then we had group discussions regarding the Talk. It was the time to share information about your life and how God touched you. It was really fun. I got to know a lot of new people there.

After that, we had some joke sharing. They’re all so corny that it’ll either make you laugh or force you to laugh. Haha. Anyway, some are really funny but STILL a lot were corny. It’s ok though.

Supper was served at 10 pm. We had Pancit Canton with Juice in tetra pack. The food was so bitin. I was still hungry after that. 😦 Anyway, can’t do much about it. We were asked to sleep at around 11 pm. We brushed our teeth, prepared our beds, and other bedtime rituals. By 11 pm the girls in our room were all lying down on the bed but none was sleeping. It was so humid there and there were a lot of mosquitoes so we all had a hard time sleeping. I was singing for them so that we could all go to sleep. LOL I doubt if they even slept a wink. Haha. Seriously though, what kept me up till 1:30 am were my textmates. Ross, Gel, Thesa, and John kept me up at that time. I was running low on load so I said “good night” to them.

May 7, 2005

I slept at around 2 am and I woke up at exactly 4 am. It was a plan to wake up early so that we could take a bath ahead of the others. But of course, we were all thinking the same thing. By 4 am, the bathroom was FULL. By the way, I slept with my sister, Mariah, and my other group mates. And so we just ate breakfast. My mama packed us some sandwich with cheese and mayonnaise. It was yummy! I had 2 slices of bread. πŸ˜€ Anyway, we got around the bathroom around 5 am already. It was a school bathroom so what do you expect? It would be hard to take a bath. We used plastic cups as dippers. It was quite hard. And we had to do several rounds before we finish taking a bath. I was quite amazed when I finished. I didn’t expect it LOL but of course, I had to. Hahaha. So much for that. After that we returned to the room that we slept in and made up our beds.

We were then asked to gather at the school grounds for breakfast but it still wasn’t ready so we were asked to return to the room where we had our first talk. We practiced some worship songs. It was really fun. And of course, another round of corny jokes. LOL After that, breakfast was ready so we went back to the school grounds. Arrozcaldo was served with juice. When we finished, we were told that we’re going to a new place. An airconditioned one. Yay!

We were transferred to Bulwagang Katatagan, near Villamor Air Base. And it was such a relief that it was airconditioned. The room that was assigned as the girl’s sleeping quarter was really cozy and cold. I’m sure we’re not gonna have a hard time sleeping there. It was kind of refreshing coz it was so cool.

We gathered in a biggest room there and then we had the 2nd talk. It was entitled: Who is Jesus Christ for me? The talk was kind of okay. After that we had another discussion. Then, to break the ice and to wake up the sleepyheads, we played several games!

Break time came and we were served bread and of course, juice. πŸ˜› The third talk was about Repentance, Faith, Healing, and Forgiveness. I’m not sure about the title but it’s pretty much like that. It was delivered by Charlou. He’s cute! (oops!) Anyway, he really got our attention. He was already 22 and he’s in YFC for 7 years already. πŸ™‚

Lunch time came, I had tapsilog. (That’s TApa – SInangag – itLOG for dummies.) Darn, that’s 2 eggs in a day.

After lunch, we had our siesta. We were allowed to sleep until 6:30 pm. That’s 1:00 pm to 6:30 pm. Long enough to grab some Zzz… I was about to sleep but I still had a hard time. So I just hanged out with my friends there. I slept for some time actually but my facilitator woke me up. We’re gonna have some One-on-one talk. It was like an open forum. Anyway, I was so glad that I had some burden off my heart. Then, I went to confession. πŸ™‚ Hay.. I was so lucky that time. πŸ™‚ After that, I was allowed to spend my time as I wish.

Before siesta, we were given sheets of paper so that we could write to our fellow YFC. Everyone has their own enveloped tacked on a wall and we’re to put our letters there. I went to the wall and copied all the names there. I’ll write to most of them anyway. After that, I got around to making new friends. I introduced myself and guess what? They know me after all. Marlon has been talking about me!!! It was all good anyway. I had a fairly easy time introducing myself. Hahaha. Thanks Marlon. I met several people there. I met Roarke, he’s Robert’s brother. Robert is a regular here at G-Unit Net Cafe. By the way, Robert was a great pianist! He has a good voice too. Darn. You guys know I’m attracted to musicians. Hahaha. Anyway, he’s my friend and that will stay like that. LOL I also met Charlou, Miko, AJ, Camille, Micole, Claudine, and several other people. It was so great to have a talk with them. I managed to catch a few Zzzz after though.

By 6:30 pm we were again grouped because we have to prepare for E! Night. It’s gonna be held later. It’s were we showcase our talents. Groups were allowed to merge, the maximum is 2 groups. Anyway, our group merged with that of Louie’s. We decided to do a skit. A spoof-like skit. We decided to do a spoof of Full House and Endless Love, two famous Koreanovelas here. And we ended up with Cool House: Winter Sonata. Then we prepared 3 commercial spoofs of Tide, Vaseline, and Mr. Clean. Anyway, we practiced a bit and we’re ready!

We were served dinner. I think we had Mechado for dinner. It was better than the pancit canton we had last night. πŸ˜€ After that, we had another talk. It was the 4th one and it was about God, the Holy Spirit. That’s not the exact title but that was what we discussed. That talk was quite moving and we were all crying at one point or another. Then we were kind of baptized again. We couldn’t have Talk 5 because it was getting really late so we just went on with the E! Night. πŸ™‚ Our group won!!! So glad that we won. Hahaha.

It was sleeping time already and I went directly to sleep. I was so sleepy that I didn’t have any hard time going to sleep. I slept around 2 am. (E! Night finished around 1:30 am, anyway.)

May 8, 2005

Happy Mother’s Day!!!

Anyway, I was supposed to wake up at around 4 am but I was so sleepy that I went back to sleep. The facilitators woke everyone up at around 6 am. We had a hard time taking a bath again. I swore to myself that I’ll give my body a nice good scrub when I get home. LOL

We had our breakfast, which was Chicken Sopas. It got hard already and it was like macaroni salad. LOL I didn’t finish it coz I didn’t like it. No one was able to finish theirs anyway. After that, we were then gathered and we had another talk. I was half-awake that time. LOL That was the last talk anyway. After that, we were asked to write letters for our parents.

Our parents were supposed to pick us up but of course they have something else to do. They weren’t able to pick us up. It’s ok though. After that, we had a mass and a formal welcome ceremony for the new YFC members! Yay! I was so happy. Then we were worshipping again. I tell you, the songs were really good. And with Robert and Miko behind the piano and guitar, it was all good! The songs were sang by Hillsong.

Then, it was time to go home. We rode again with Ian and his parents. We got home at 1 pm. My sibs and I ate lunch and then I bought ice cream. πŸ˜€ After that, we all went to sleep.

– – – –

I’m so glad that I went to that camp! Everyone was so nice there. Thank you God. πŸ™‚ I hope that we’re gonna have bonding moments soon. πŸ˜‰

Currently Reading: King of Torts by John Grisham
Currently Listening: Same Ground by Kitchie Nadal


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: