Ang Pagdadalaga ni Maximo Oliveros
First, Bubi’s operation was a sucess! 😀 Yey!
He actually got the chills last Friday because he still went out to school that morning. Tsk tsk.
Anyway, he’s fine now. Thanks to all those who prayed!
– – – – –
I watched Ang Pagdadalaga ni Maximo Oliveros last Saturday. That was after our NSTP class. 🙂 Well, I should say this first. The movie is NOT a gay film!
Maxi is expressly gay at his young age. This is not a secret from his father and two older brothers who are pushed to peddle stolen mobile phones due to poverty. It is up to Maxi to care for his family, but the small-time criminals get in hot water and start vexing Victor, the handsome young policeman Maxi is fond of. Will Maxi choose first love over family?
So, what can I say about it? It’s nice!
What I like about it:
– The storyline was very unique. It’s not like any other typical Filipino movie which features teenyboppers falling in and out of love. This one is actually about the life of a teen gay in the slums area of the Philippines. He was openly gay and his family respected his sexuality. He’s also committed to his family, consisting of his two older brothers and his father, who were small time criminals. It really shows the slum life here in the Philippines in a lighthearted manner.
– The funny scenes. It’s not an all too serious a movie… It’s comical and lighthearted in a way. 😀
– Nathan Lopez, who played Maximo Oliveros, is a great actor! He’s really convincing!
– It’s not a gay film and it does not make fun of the gay character. Kudos!
– There’s more… but that would spoil the film for you. Hahaha. (As if I really didnt. :P)
What I don’t like about it:
– The lighting is very very bad.
– The sounds too. Bleh. (The characters couldn’t be heard at times.)
– The background music which sounds like a broken ukelele.
Ang Pagdadalaga ni Maximo Oliveros has a really nice storyline and you should see it for that. 🙂 Promise. Besides, it’s a multi-awarded film locally and internationally… Won’t that make you more interested? 😛
Currently Listening: 214 by Rivermaya