This is the second recipe that I tried last night. I only have less than an hour to prepare so here’s a quick and simple pasta recipe that is really delicious. If you love pesto and tomato sauce, then this one is perfect for you.
*Makes 8 servings
*10 minutes preparation time
*30 minutes cooking time (includes cooking of pasta)
- 1 pack 450 g spaghetti noodles
- 500 g Italian-style spaghetti sauce
- 1 pouch 150 g tomato paste
- 1 pack McCormick Pesto Mix
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large can corned tuna
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Prepare the sauce while waiting for the pasta to be ready. Combine spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, and pesto powder mix in a saucepan.
- Saute corned tuna in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add to pesto tomato spaghetti sauce mixture. Simmer while stirring occasionally.
- Toss together the cooked pasta with the spaghetti sauce mixture. Top with cheese before serving.
- You can use 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and sliced, instead of tomato paste.
- You can make your own homemade pesto sauce. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups or 40 grams fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon iodized fine salt (or 1/2 tablespoon iodized rock salt)
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Here’s how to prepare the pesto sauce: Grind pine nuts using a food processor or blender. Add basil, olive oil, garlic, salt, and Parmesan cheese. Process until mixture becomes pasty. (If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a mortar and pestle to mix all these.)
That’s it! So easy to prepare, right? 🙂 I assure you that even kids will love this! I hope you’ll enjoy making this dish as much as I did.
Let me know how it goes when you try this recipe. Til next time!
♥ Monique ♥