UPCAT 2013 Application Forms

The application forms for University of the Philippines College Admission Test (UPCAT) 2013 are now available! 

You may now download and print the following forms:

  1. General Information
  2. Personal Data Sheet (UPCAT Form 1)
  3. High School Records (UPCAT Form 2)

NOTE: Adobe Reader or any PDF reader is required to view the files. Print all forms on an “8.5 x 13” paper aka long bond paper.

Here are the important dates to remember:

22 May 2012 – Start of Filing UPCAT 2013 Application
15 June 2012 – Deadline for Metro Manila Schools
22 June 2012 – Deadline for Non-Metro Manila Schools

I highly suggest that you pass your complete applications way ahead of the deadline to avoid long lines and delays.


Important: Unless you qualify under any of the requirements stated below, it will not be advisable for you to apply. Only correctly filled up application forms with the required supporting documents and the non-refundable application fee (US$50 for non-resident foreign applicants) will be processed.

General Requirements
A foreign applicant who graduated from a high school abroad and has not enrolled in college may be admitted to the freshman class if he meets the following requirements:

1. completion of high school program in the country where he had his secondary education (including the completion of a one- or two-year pre-university education in a country where such is a prerequisite for admission to a bachelor’s degree program)
2. qualifying in a college-qualifying national or international foreign-administered examination such as General Certificate of Education (GCE) Examination and the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or equivalent examination:

  • GCE: 3 ordinary level passes and 2 advanced level passes
  • SAT: minimum total score of 1200 (Math and Critical Reading Only)
  • International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma

3. in the case of an applicant whose native language or whose medium of instruction in the secondary school is not English, a minimum score (500 if paper based or 173 if computer based) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).

Filipino High School Graduates from Abroad
A Filipino who graduated from a secondry school abroad applying for freshman admission to the University must satisfy the same requirements as those for foreign students.

UP College Admission Test (UPCAT)
A graduate from a high school abroad who fails to satisfy the requirements for automatic admission (i.e., Item 2 under General Requirements) may take the UP College Admission Test (UPCAT).

For more information on Undergraduate Foreign Applicants, please call, write or visit:

Office of the University Registrar
University of the Philippines
Diliman, Quezon City
1101 Philippines

Direct line: (632) 928-8369
Telephone: (632) 981-8500 local 4555
E-mail: our@up.edu.ph
Website: http://www.upd.edu.ph/~our/

For more information on the UPCAT, contact the Office of Admissions

University of the Philippines
Office of Admissions
U.P. Diliman, Quezon City
1101 Philippines
Telefax: (632) 927-4561
Telephone: (632) 981-8500 locals 3826,3827,3828,3830,3831
E-mail: oadms@up.edu.ph
Website: http://upcat.up.edu.ph

Good luck and may the odds be everrr in your favor. 🙂


Tagged: , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 thoughts on “UPCAT 2013 Application Forms

  1. martinamartina May 9, 2012 at 10:58 pm Reply

    Hi. May I ask, what if a student got a grade of line 78 in a minor subject area, are they allowed to take the exam?

    • Jean Monique May 10, 2012 at 6:01 am Reply

      Yes, the student is still allowed to take the exam. Here are the SPECIFIC CONDITIONS FOR UPCAT ELIGIBILITY.

      To be eligible to take the UPCAT, you must meet certain specific requirements.

      FIRST : You must belong to one of the categories listed below:
      1. Senior students (e.g., Fourth Year, Grade 12, Senior 6) of DepEd-accredited schools or
      secondary schools abroad (expecting to graduate at the end of the school year);
      2. Graduates of DepEd-accredited schools or secondary schools abroad; or
      3. Those declared eligible for admission to college after taking the Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT).
      NOTE: Graduates of DepEd-accredited schools or secondary schools abroad and those declared eligible for admission to college after taking the PEPT
      a must not have taken any college subject/s previously;
      b must not be taking any college subject/s at present; and
      c will not be taking any college subject/s prior to or for the semester/academic year for which the UPCAT is to be taken.

      SECOND : You must also have:
      Final grades for the First, Second and Third Years of the 4-year secondary school curriculum in schools with DepEd recognition/permit to operate said curriculum (or Grades 9, 10 and 11 or, their equivalent for international or foreign schools); and

      THIRD : You must also NOT have taken the UPCAT previously.


      • There is no minimum high school average grade requirement for taking the UPCAT.
      • The UPCAT can be taken only once.

      Thanks! 🙂

  2. Gheva June 18, 2012 at 11:54 am Reply

    Just read this today, the UPCAT application deadline will be on June 22? is there no extension for the submission?

    • Jean Monique June 18, 2012 at 1:06 pm Reply

      That is the deadline for Non-Metro Manila Schools.

  3. Dr. Wilfredo P. Ramos July 16, 2012 at 1:37 pm Reply

    This is the father of Mary Thea Iris B. Ramos from Iloilo. Would like to inquire why until now we have not yet received her admission slip for the UPCAT.

    • Jean Monique July 16, 2012 at 2:18 pm Reply

      Hi! It’s best to contact where she submitted her application. Thanks! 🙂

  4. Jean Rose Estabillo October 30, 2012 at 8:03 pm Reply

    good eve po. ask ko lang po if pwede po ba akong mag-take ng UPCAT exam next year while studying sa ibang university? gusto ko po sana nun mag-take for A.Y.2013-2014,kaya lang po,tapos na po pala. ngayon ko lang po nalaman. thank you po.

    • Jean Monique October 31, 2012 at 3:27 pm Reply

      Hi! UPCAT is only for those who are still in 4th year high school. If you’re already studying in another University, you can opt to transfer to UP. You need to visit the registrar’s office or the college where you want to transfer to know the procedure for transfer. 🙂

  5. noelyn abdon June 17, 2013 at 2:59 pm Reply


    • Jean Monique June 18, 2013 at 12:36 am Reply

      Hi! Have you taken the upcat already? I think that when you pass the UPCAT and decide to enter UP, you should register on the 1st semester of your first year in the University right after high school.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: