Bubble Hair Coloring is a new and easy way of coloring your hair permanently. You only have to pump bubbles and massage it on your head. Similar to the process of shampooing your hair. Easy as 1, 2, 3!
I first heard about Etude House‘s Bubble Hair Coloring from my friend Zoe. Her hair color was so nice. If I remember correctly, she used the Sweet Orange shade. I got curious enough that I researched about it and read a lot of reviews and tutorials online.
ETUDE HOUSE says: Macro bubble booster helps your hair to absorb contents more efficiently so that quality of your hair and color will be better.
On the last week of November, I was finally able to buy my own set! I went to Etude House in SM Bicutan and asked the saleslady about their hair coloring products. I told her that I wanted to try the Bubble Hair Coloring in Natural Brown shade. I noticed that her hair was also colored and she told me that she used Natural Brown. However, her hair wasn’t colored really well. The hair color was mostly visible on the top part only. So I asked her what went wrong and got some tips on how to use this product properly. Don’t worry, I’ll be sharing the tips later. 🙂
Etude House Bubble Hot Style Bubble Hair Coloring #3 Natural Brown
Etude House offers seven colors to choose from: #1 Deep Black, #2 Dark Brown, #3 Natural Brown, #4 Wine Red, #5 Sweet Orange, #6 Gold Blonde, and #7 Mocha Pink.
Etude House Hair Color Swatches
In the end, I bought the Hot Style Bubble Hair Coloring #3 in Natural Brown for only P378.00. It is so much cheaper than other permanent hair dyes available in the market. Being the frugal person that I am, the price is perfect for me. I do not want to spend thousands at hair salons just to have my hair colored when I know that I can do it on my own.
So to give a brief history, the first time I colored my hair was May 2012. I only colored it just to be able to use a P5000 gift certificate for hair treatment services from Asian Clinic which I received as a prize when I won Generika’s Next Top Model on December 2011. 😛 I had it colored to something like dark mahogany blonde (Sorry, I forgot the actual name of the shade). And since it was 6 months ago, the roots are already showing.
See? Brown with black roots showing. Eek.
Now, let’s move on to the product. Everything is written in Korean except for the name of the product. ~_~
Here’s what you’ll find inside the box: a 30mL sachet of hair coloring (no.1), a 50mL bottle with pump containing the oxidizer (no.2), a 10mL sachet of silky perfumed conditioner, gloves, vinyl gown, and a package insert containing instructions in Korean. Pretty useless unless you can read Korean.
What’s In the Box
Before coloring your hair, make sure to wear the gloves and vinyl gown provided in the box.
I’m so Ready!
The vinyl gown is totally open on one side so you need something to clip it together. I used a hairclip to secure the gown. Also, don’t forget to wear the gloves unless you want colored nails as well.
Here’s a step by step guide on how to color your hair BUBBLE style:
- Pour the sachet of hair coloring (#1) into the pumping bottle with oxidizer (#2). Screw the cap back on, including the stopper to lock.
- Tilt the from side to side about ten times for the solution to mix. Do not shake it! You would notice that the solution would heat up a bit.
- Remove the stopper.
- Pump out the bubbles and apply it evenly on your hair. Start from your roots to your tips. Massage your scalp so that the color would spread. It’s as simple as applying shampoo. The foam is so easy to apply. Use up all of the contents in the bottle so that your hair would be completely covered in foam.
- Let the foam stay on your head for 30 minutes to an hour, depending on how much you want the color to take into effect. I let mine stay on for 1 hour. It didn’t itch at all!
- Rinse your hair. Use the Silky Perfumed Treatment as a conditioner to make your hair soft and smooth.
- Dry your hair and see the results.
Tips for the Stylish Bella:
- Before using the product, make sure that your hair is dry and free from other hair products chemicals such as wax, gel, spray, etc. What I did was to shampoo and totally dry my hair first prior to using this product.
- Wear a dark colored short under the vinyl gown that you wouldn’t mind getting dirty because shampooing might be a bit messy.
- Use the entire bottle. I admit there is so much of the product that you’ll be tempted to store it and use it again later on. But, don’t. It is better to use up the whole bottle to make sure your hair is evenly colored.
- For those with long hair, it is better to start by flipping your hair over your head and starting from the roots and working your way towards the top of your head.
- Section your hair using your fingers to ensure that even the insides of your hair are fully covered.
- Your hair will become very dry prior to rinsing. That’s why you should use the Silky Perfumed Treatment included in the box. It smells so good and it works like magic. My hair is just so smooth and silky because of it. I love it! ♥
- As with usual hair dyes, there is a certain smell left after the process. It gets strong when the hair is wet but you cannot smell it when your hair is dry.
- Be careful when applying the foam. If it gets in your eyes, rinse with a lot of water immediately.
- Do not use to dye eyebrows.
- Results will definitely vary based on the shade and lightness of hair prior to coloring. The hair’s condition, room temperature, and the length of leaving the mixture on are also factors to consider.
So… let me show you the result of this DIY Hair Coloring Adventure. 🙂
Tada! Notice that my hair has become lighter and that the roots are totally covered. I’m so happy with the result! My hair is evenly colored from roots to tips. 🙂
What I love about the product is that it is affordable, easy to use, and it really works! It also helped me achieve my desired hair color. Plus, it’s fun to use. (My sister and I colored our hair together.) It also didn’t itch even when I left it on for an hour.
What I don’t like? Few color options. There are only 7 shades to choose from. I also don’t like the packaging simply because I don’t know how to read Korean. 😦 Also, there’s a slight smell when I shampoo my hair days after. Although it wears off when my hair completely dries.
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ out of 5
Will I repurchase? Definitely! Will probably buy the same color again just to maintain. I love my hair color right now. And the color is getting more vibrant as the days progress. ♥ I am just so happy!
♥ Monique ♥
P.S. My office mates noticed my new hair color and I told them about this product. Some already purchased right after work. 🙂 Hurray!